- 1,000 MG
- 120 capsules
- Helps Support Muscle Mass
SUGGESTED USAGE: As a dietary supplement, take 2-4 capsules daily, preferably 2 capsules before exercise and 2 capsules after exercise.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Brett Davis Nutrition® The Recovery is the supplement L-Glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid (building block of protein) in the body. The body can make enough glutamine for its regular needs, but extreme stress (the kind you would experience after very heavy exercise or an injury), your body may need more glutamine than it can make. Glutamine is highly in demand throughout the body. It is used in the gut and immune system extensively to maintain optimal performance. 60% of free-form amino acids floating in skeletal muscles is Glutamine. Glutamine plays a very important role in protein metabolism, and it appears to be a very important nutrient for athletes. When supplemented, it may help athletes reduce the amount of muscle breakdown that occurs because other tissues that need glutamine will not rob the glutamine stored in the muscle cells. Most glutamine is stored in muscles followed by the lungs, where much of the glutamine is made.
Additional benefits include:
- Serves as a source of fuel for cells lining the intestines
- It's involved in more metabolic processes than any other amino acid.
- Some experts point out that glutamine can pass through the protective blood-brain barrier and, because of this, it is known as brain fuel.
- Aids in protecting the body from ammonia toxicity.
- Appears to be necessary for normal brain function.
- Essential for maintaining amino acid balance in the body during times of severe stress.
- It's used by white blood cells and contributes to normal immune-system function.
- Promotes the maintenance of a healthy digestive tract.
- May promote mental alertness and improve mood and memory.
- May boost immune function and fight infection.
- May decrease sugar cravings and the desire for alcohol.
CAUTION: Consult your healthcare practitioner if you have a kidney disorder, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria, are taking medications or are pregnant/lactating. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Please Recycle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.